RACKWISE® DCiM Xtm provides the capability to monitor data from the real world environment.
Real Time Monitoring
This monitoring enhances the analysis of operational data centers to ensure information is up-to-date and as accurate as possible. With the large number of devices and elements in any modern data center, automated collection of data from devices is a critical as manual collection methods struggle to keep up with the higher densities involved. RACKWISE® DCiM Xtm can collect a variety of data directly from network enabled devices through a number of standard protocols. This dramatically increases the visibility of key resource consumption data and provides unlimited possibilities of what attributes can be tracked/trended.
- Monitor Power , temperature, humidity from intelligent power strips, PDUs, or other Building Management Systems (BMS) or facilities equipment
- Any real time or variable value network accessible attribute
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption data by data center site, floor, room, rack or server
- Track usage for logical groups of equipment within the data center resources
- Collected and aggregate data from one or more data center sites to drive intuitive web-accessible dashboards, making energy use visible and manageable to local and remote data center operators
- Track server performance cpu, disk activity, memory usage directly from devices
In partially instrumented data centers real time acquired data can be used to override modeled data in the system, thus allowing for use of real time data when available and modeled data when not. This creates an incremental approach to real time monitoring while achieving the maximum accuracy of data center models; leveraging what real time data is available from the real world environment and is critical to providing a complete DCiM Xtm capacity planning function.