Data Center Infrastructure Manager DCiM Xtm you can not only model physical assets, but ensure that the critical associations between physical and virtual layers are captured to help manage virtualization within the data center.
Virtual Machine Modeling
- With the explosion of virtualization in use at data centers today, gaining insight into the distribution and consumption of virtual resources has become critical to effective DCiM Xtm. Rackwise provides the foundation to aggregate critical physical and logical information into one source for effective analysis:
- VM physical attributes and allocations can be captured and modeled.(memory, disk, CPUs, etc.)
- Associations with a variety of software infrastructure including OS’s, applications, service elements can be recorded and reported
- Associated responsible parties, business services and contact information
- Lifecycle analysis of devices
- Real time monitoring of virtual status and other attributes, i.e. CPU utilization
- Performance metrics for virtual assets are incorporated into roll-up reporting for energy utilization and capacity planning
Know where virtual machines are in the data center, and the resources they are configured for. Quickly and easily produce detailed virtual machine management reports. Track and trend any variable value provided by the virtual machines’ management interface. At a glance determine historical and trend information on VM activity and resource consumption.